Thank you to everyone that donated blood at Arisia 2011. Thanks to your generous donations, we got 124 pints of blood.
The fantastic support from all of the convention goers was amazing. The fact that we were already on a blood shortage status and anticipating yet another storm, had us worried about maintaining the blood supply.
The Arisia blood drive went a long way to help boost the supply back up.
Thank you, Arisia! During Arisia '10, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Children's Hospital of Boston were both delighted by your generosity! Let's do it again! If you can plan ahead, please contact us at [email protected] to make an appointment in advance. Appointments aren't necessary, they just help the MGH and CHB crews to deliver on their promise of a half-hour turnaround time for donors. We'll be signing donors up on Friday evening and all during the drive on Saturday and Sunday.
Donor appointment times (walk-ins welcome!) will be Saturday 9:30a-4p (MGH) and Sunday from 10a-4p (Children's) 4pm means the last appointment will start at 4pm. Signup for the blood drive will be at a table in the right side of the lobby.
The Heinlein Society exists to preserve the legacy renowned writer Robert Anson Heinlein left us in novels, essays, speeches, and short stories. We "Pay it forward," Heinlein's oft expressed phrase, since we can never pay back the riches he shared with us. If you've ever considered donating blood, please take this opportunity. If you've ever enjoyed the Grand Master's work, thank him by "paying it forward" in a way he would have deeply appreciated. Mr. Heinlein traveled extensively to promote this important cause and frequently donated himself.
Not a donor? No problem! Volunteer to help the donors have an enjoyable experience! Give a smile, a word of thanks, or hold the other hand for a new donor. Join the ranks of the Naughty Nurses! You, too, can "Pay it Forward!".
On December 23, 2008, the Massachusetts general laws were changed to allow 16 year old donors to donate blood with parental permission.
- MGH Cover Letter for Parents (Adobe PDF)
- MGH Parental Consent Form (Adobe PDF)
- Children's Hospital - has not yet updated their policies.
- At Arisia'11, you donated 124 pints.
- At Arisia'10, 101 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'09, 138 people showed up and 103 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'08, 68 people showed up and 60 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'07, 67 people showed up and 57 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'06, 48 advance appointments became 65 people presenting to donate and 61 actually donating.
- At Arisia'05, (during the Blizzard of ’05) fans donated 48 pints of blood.