Because of our diverse community we will show works by new and upcoming artists as well as works by established artists in the fields of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Most of these works will be available for sale to members of the convention and will range in price from one dollar to thousands of dollars, as set by their creators. Work will be both two dimensional and three dimensional, shown on hangings, or tables, or very occasionally on the floor. You can't beat our show for variety and interest.
Please set aside at least two hours during your convention experience to come and see the Art Show. You'll be glad you did!
There will be a series of docent tours of the Art Show, including an accessible tour. Check the program schedule for details.
To go along with our popular quicksale option, we're adding the option of proxy bidding to this year's art show auction. With a proxy bid, you don't have to make it to the Galleria at the exact moment the silent auctions close. Of course, traditional bidding will still be available as well. This year will mark the return of the Art Show Live Auction at 8pm on Sunday.
We will once again be having a Student Art Contest, open to all secondary school students. The deadline for entering is December 27.
- Artist Check-In and Student Art Contest finalist drop-off: 7pm-9pm
- Artist Check-In and Student Art Contest finalist drop-off: Noon-6pm
- Public preview: 6pm-9pm
- Collectors' Preview (artists, program participants, staff and guests): 10pm-midnight
- Art Show open to the public, silent auction bidding, quicksale (purchase only, no pickup): 9:30am-8pm
- Art Show open to the public, silent auction bidding, quicksale purchase and pickup: 9:30am-6pm
- Voice Auction: starting at 8pm
- Art Show sales and artist checkout: 8pm-10pm (6pm artist checkout available by request)
- Art Show sales and artist checkout continue: 9:30am-2pm
Artists: Artist registration has now closed. If you have previously communicated with us about space but have not yet paid, please visit the Artist Payment Page to complete your reservation. Otherwise, if you are interested in exhibiting in the art show, please read the 2011 letter to artists and Art Show Rules and Fees before inquiring at [email protected] to be placed on the waiting list.
The paper registration form is still available for reference.
Information about last year's art show is still available.
Any questions? Please contact [email protected]